The SAFL is now accepting nominations for new clubs in the 2017 season
• Sydney-wide competition played predominantly on Saturdays with 1pm and 3pm kick offs
• Competitive Premiership and Championship leagues with qualification to the FNSW Champion of Champions
• Ability to enter your side in the FFA Cup
• Qualified, consistent and respected officials with over 95% of games in 2015 covered by a full refereeing crew
• All washed out games are played at later dates, no exceptions
• Finals held at one of Sydney's premier grounds, Lambert Park
• $12k worth of awards money on offer for competition and cup winners
Starting your own club can be very difficult as most associations require a minimum amount of mens, womens and juniors teams - the SAFL only requires two teams and may also look favourably at good quality applications for single teams. We are a proactive and all inclusive league, run efficiently and transparently by member clubs and officials.
SAFL is one of the most affordable Leagues in Sydney. As of 2016, the fees as set at a fixed rate of $210 per player. This covers our FNSW affiliation fees, player and public liability insurance, awards night and trophies, and league ground hire. In addition teams must also share the cost of match day officials at $80 each club per game.
To register your interest for the 2017 season please email email@example.com or contact us via Facebook.